Thursday, September 10, 2015

A Fall 2015 update

Well, I have four semesters done and three more to go. I am taking three classes this semester. One is a teacher education class in which I have to complete a 70-hour practicum. I have been assigned to a kindergarten class, so that will be fun and exciting! I love kindergarteners. Of course, I have some trepidation because it has been a long time since my own kids were in kindergarten. At that time I did plan some lessons, crafts, and centers for class parties and Girl Scouts, but making spider lollipops out of pipe cleaners and Blow Pops was pretty low stakes. I am already madly pinning lesson ideas on Pinterest. Despite my placement in a regular kindy class, I hope the teacher will allow me to teach library-type literature activities to get some practice. But I am prepared to teach anything! One thing I am sure of is that I can handle the curriculum. Pretty sure I know my alphabet and how to count to 10.

My other two classes are a bit less interesting, but necessary. Technical Services in Libraries is essentially Cataloging 101. The history of cataloging is dry but I do like history so it is holding my attention so far. The second class is Reference and Information Retrieval. I have tons of experience in research so I am not too worried about this class as long as I dot my i's and cross my t's.

I'm a bit concerned I might need reading glasses though...the font on some of the articles I have to read seems awfully small this semester. This is what you get for being a non-traditional student.

No comments:

Post a Comment