Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Hello to all of my classmates and those who may be visiting this blog from elsewhere!

This blog was created for LIBS 602 with Dr. Sue Kimmel, for the Summer Semester 2015.
Notes on design:

  • I chose the book template because it was perfect for a librarian. 
  • I disabled the mobile template for now because they are difficult to maintain separately. 
  • I made the column width a bit wider so the reader has less scrolling to do. 
  • The page background is a very pale blue and the text is black to provide good contrast for reading.
  • I chose the title font "Crushed," because it is playful but not too girly or unsophisticated. I like the mixed case. The title is white because that was the most readable color on the blue header.
  • My post texts are in a font called "Trebuchet." I originally chose "Arvo" because it is a nice, compact serif font. It is contemporary and interesting but also readable. Then, when I viewed the blog again a few days later I felt that the serif wasn't working. Trebuchet is a good substitute. I also bumped it up to 16 px. I guess I am feeling like I need reading glasses today!

No comments:

Post a Comment